Trees bring about coolness, beauty to a property and shade. However, there are instances where the growth of trees can become uncontrolled, and this will lead to a lot of problems. The roots of the trees can go under foundations causing cracks in the walls as well as the pavements. They can also damage utilities and pipes. The tree can grow high and reach electrical wires. These problems are what cause them to be removed so that the damage is reduced.
The following are reasons for tree removal:
– When a tree is undesirable, it should be removed. Undesirable trees are those that have weak wood that breaks frequently, they always drop large quantities of debris, they also have shallow roots which can cause a lot of damage to lawns as well as pavements, they are usually frequently infested with insects or diseases
– If half of the tree is damaged it will be removed because if left, it will have limited or abnormal growth as well as appearance. Some trees will also have leaves that are misshaped due to damage by herbicides
– Severe trunk damage indicates that the tree should be removed. When the trunk is damaged, there will be dead branch stubs, vertical cracks and older wounds that may be large due to internal decay.
– If more than half of the tree is hollow, it should be removed
– Trees with large dead branches as well as trees that have dead branches that are all on one side of the tree. This makes the tree loop sided and dangerous. This indicates a problem with damage to the root or trunk on the affected side
– If there are sprouts that are coming from the base of the tree or small branches that are coming from the trunk. The sprouts are a way of the tree responding to severe stress, this therefore indicates that there is something wrong with the tree. This can occur in trees that have been overexposed to the sun or have endured injury as a result of home construction.
– When the trunk is rotten or there is a large fungus that is growing near the base of the tree. The fungi growing indicates internal rot affecting the tree
– If half of the root system is damaged, the tree should be removed
– A tree that is leaning is a hazard because the lean will indicate breakage or weak roots. This leaning tree can easily break off and cause damage
– Consider the environment in which the tree is growing. The trees that grow on the rock ledges or close to a body of water will have shallow root systems and should be removed
– The space available for tree growth should be considered as well as checking if the growth of nearby trees can be enhanced if the tree is removed
It is very important for a tree risk assessment to be done by a professional before the removal of trees. It is this assessment that will be able to tell how the tree is and what course of action can be taken. Once the tree is recommended for removal, then a professional arborist at tree removal melbourne can safely remove the tree. This is usually after doing some planning and taking the relevant measurements. The advantage of using a qualified arborist is because the removals can be complex and any mistakes made can end up being costly.